1. Start a Job/Internship You can start a job as a fresher in Construction, Real Estate, Infrastructure & project industry as a site engineer or for any profile which suits your academics. If you are finding it difficult to get a job, it is always advisable to get into an internship in any company related to your core domain. Also, Register yourself on all the major job portals and start applying for the jobs. Azuko has created a Job Board exclusively for the construction, Real estate, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas and Project industry. You can apply for the jobs posted on our website at azukotech.com/careers
2. Management Degree (Higher studies) In India MBA in Construction Management, Project management, Real estate Management, Infrastructure Management are some of the courses offered by Indian universities and institutes are in very much in demand. You can as well attempt for CAT examination with your engineering degree. If you are fortunate enough, you may get into some IIM. If you wish to shift to management after Civil engineering, you can as well give a thought on Construction Management, Project Management, and other related management programmes. Various companies are looking for candidates having a techno-managerial skill to perform challenging work in a highly competitive environment.
3. M.S. in Civil Engineering in the U.S., Canada, UK, South East Asia, and Australia Depending on your score in GRE, preferably 300+ you can choose one of the top ranking universities for M.S in civil engineering with a specialization of your choice in foreign universities.Civil Engineers are always in demand all over the globe. You can always look for better career opportunities in foreign countries.
4. Higher Education in India through GATE Exam You can give it a try. go for M.E. or M.Tech in Civil Engineering with a specialization of your choice. After your M. Tech or M.E., you can also start your career in the construction sector. You can also start your career in academics as if you have an interest in teaching.Following are the specializations to choose from for M.E & M.Tech post-graduation degree course.
Traffic and Transportation Engineering
Hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering
Water Resource Engineering
5. Job opportunity in Public sector Undertakings (PSUs) If you are technically strong, you can apply for PSU’s. Nowadays they are mainly dependent on GATE score. They are publishing advertisement regularly in the national newspapers. So, prepare hard for GATE. Practically all civil service positions in public works departments are held by civil engineers. Some Government departments like Central public works department (CPWD), Department of Atomic energy etc. conduct their own exams for recruitment.
6. Government Engineering Jobs You can also write various Government Exams for class one post in various government engineering departments. You can prepare for the exams like UPSC & IES: Indian Engineering Services to secure your job in the government department, you can go for CSIR fellowship. State Public work departments (PWD) and other engineering departments have regular recruitment for civil engineering graduates and it is comparatively easy to crack. You are also eligible for Bank Jobs in India. (Bank PO’s) one of the very lucrative career option nowadays.
7. Start a civil engineering entrepreneurial venture in India Although there are very few names in India, the picture is changing quite fast. This is an untapped market and therefore has the biggest potential. Civil Engineers can team to innovate and come up with ideas that better the process of design & construction. A Bachelor’s degree doesn’t teach enough theoretical or practical knowledge for you to meet the requirements of the industry, be it the private sector or the public sector. That’s why there is always a year-long probationary training period for all graduate level entrants? And the work you do is more or less worthless, not involving many things you learned in your course.